Employment: Seasonal, Part-Time
Duration: July - October
Hours: 16 - 24 (negotiable)
Rate of Pay: $12.00 per hour
Park Rangers are responsible for keeping a safe, clean and friendly environment at Lakeside Memorial Park.
Position open until filled.
Building Inspector II
SALARY RANGE: $31.43 - $39.30 per hour (as of January 2020)
The City of Forest Lake is currently recruiting for a Building Inspector II. This position reviews plans and conducts inspections with an emphasis on the Minnesota State Building Code, Fire Code, City of Forest Lake Zoning Code and Ordinances.
The Building Inspector II position is authorized by the Building Official to enforce the provisions contained within the Minnesota State Building Code. The Building Inspector II position reviews and inspects the design, construction, alteration, demolition, and repair of all items covered by the Minnesota State Building Code on all properties within the City. Specifically this position administers the rules and regulations, and enforces the laws as adopted per the Minnesota State Building Code (MSBC) related to fire, life safety, health, and the public welfare.
This position has the responsibility for performing plan reviews, inspections and evaluations of all systems and installations for all new and existing buildings in accordance with the Minnesota State Building Code.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Reviews deferred submittals and change documents for approval throughout the construction process, to ensure code compliance.
- Utilizes computer software to conduct electronic plan reviews, record and update field inspections, schedule daily activities, provide information to supervisor and to receive direction, as needed.
- Conducts inspections of materials and methods during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with state codes, federal regulations, city ordinance, and approved plans. Identifies life safety hazards, construction deficiencies, energy code compliance, sanitation and health hazards, and other related code issues.
- Issues correction orders that may include timed compliance, immediate closure and stop work orders. Documents and initiates corrective action to enforce code compliance
- Keeps informed of code changes and the impact of new legislation on code enforcement
- Participates in professional development training
- Researches new materials and methods of construction
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Building Inspection Technology degree (A.A.) from an accredited institution of higher learning; and five years inspection and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be Certified as a Building Official with the State of Minnesota
- Must obtain the State Certification as a Fire Inspector 1 within one year of hire
- Minimum of 5 years experience in construction/municipal inspections
- Ability to obtain a state delegation
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to electronically submit a letter of interest, resume, and city employment application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of applications will begin at noon on March 18, 2020.
Apply using the City of Forest Lake’s Employment Portal Found here:
The City of Forest Lake is currently accepting applications for the Human Rights Commission. If you are interested in serving on any of these commissions, please fill out the Boards and Committee Application. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Questions regarding any vacancy can be directed to the City of Forest Lake at 651-464-3550.